Please, no matter what theme your blog is, get this out there. This could potentially save so many lives.
Alright, the down and dirty on Kitestring is this:
- It’s an app service that works on smartphones and non-smartphones
- If you’re going out somewhere, you simply let Kitestring know what day and time you expect to be back so they can check up on you
- Kitestring sends out an alert message to the emergency contacts you list when you sign up if you fail to Check-In when they text you
- You can set your own Check-in and Duress words
- If you send a text to Kitestring with your Duress word, they’ll respond as if you checked in, while secretly alerting your emergency contacts. This way, you can get hep without putting yourself in further danger.
I don’t think I have to tell you how invaluable this can be. If you’re a lady*, you don’t have to constantly try and find someone for the buddy system to feel safe- or it can be an extra layer of security. If you’re a parent, you can sign your child up. If you’re a man* and you plan on getting really smashed, set a check in time in case you have too much and need medical help. Just think of how many people this could rescue- how many lives could be saved! It could be yours, or someone you love.
Chickity-check out the article for more details, and for a link to their website. Please- no matter who you are- sign up for this. Your life is worth it. <3
* trans inclusionary
[submitted by loquaciousmute}
False rape accusations are an anomaly.
True rape accusations are a norm.
You’re, quite literally, more likely to be killed by a comet than falsely accused of rape.
freedom of speech means that the government is not allowed to tell you to shut the fuck up. it doesn’t mean that i am not allowed to tell you to shut the fuck up.